Cooking

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oh what a day

Day 2 of 4 days off. Love love love having time off!
Today began with a ridiculously unhealthy breakfast with the parents. Fun, haven't seen Dad in a while. Aren't they cute?


With no idea what to do with all this free time, I wandered around the mall for two hours. I wanted to buy myself a birthday present (or two) and try to find a new pair of jeans but my emotional eating, baking, and apathy towards exercise made it impossible to find anything that didn't dash my self-esteem to smithereens. So, I bought this cute necklace and denim shirt for the low, low price of $18.63.



Then, to improve my situation instead of wallow in it, I went the gym. 63 sweaty minutes later I was finishing up a strength training set when another regular at my gym stopped by and said, "Hey, whatever you're doing, it's working. I've seen you around, good job." Of all days, this compliment was needed the most.

Thrilled to have someone notice SOME progress, (even if the scale said otherwise, in fact it says I've fallen way off the wagon) I headed to Martin's to buy some groceries - just a few, nothing major, but healthy things to have on hand instead of eating out every meal. I ended up with over $100 worth of items - all healthy, organic and just what I needed.


The way in which I spent my money today speaks volumes about where my passions lie at the moment. Glad for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment