Cooking

Monday, January 2, 2012

Awake My Soul

There is a particular Mumford and Sons song that I love and always find myself humming, even if it's been days since I last heard it. "Awake My Soul", a short song, but so good. That simple line does more for my motivation than any tight jeans, looming deadline or shift to get to. Awakening my soul is exactly what I intend to do this year. I've read so many facebook statuses, blog posts and general murmurs of every person I encounter about how "This year they will________" fill in the blank. Sure, I'm hoping these personal training sessions and dedication to diet will pay off in some sort of weight lost and health restored, and of course I'd love to reach my savings goal so that I can work less, travel more and dream of all dreams, move to somewhere far away.

But mainly, I want to enjoy my life. I only get one. I want to be happy every day. I want so badly to write things down, be it here, on paper, in my journal, on the walls, or on the back of a receipt. I want to use the voice that I know lies within me somewhere. I want to find the key to unlock the room of potential for creative outpouring. Most importantly, I need to figure out this soul. It is so important, and I've wasted it worried about money and pleasing people and making sure that everyone else is happy. What about my soul? What do I do about it? I will not list my intentions for 2012 here. I simply hope to soon share many revelations and surmises of the creative process that I hope to embark upon this year. I yearn to feel alive, grateful, humble, and curious.

I want to matter.

I wish you luck with yours and beg your support in mine.

Awake my soul.

1 comment:

  1. SO FUNNY HOW WE BOTH SAW THAT WRITING MAGAZINE! I KNOW IT IS A BEGINNING TO A WONDERFUL YEAR OF FINDING YOURSELF! AND ALL THAT THAT ENCOMPASSES! ONWARD!

    ReplyDelete