Cooking

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Me Time

I woke up early to run an errand and on my way home from the errand I was trying to decide what to do - I had a free morning and with the exception of needing to finish a schedule at the spa my biggest concern was what kind of coffee I wanted. Then, much to my chagrin, I received a text from my boss: "Hey V, where are you?? You were scheduled at 9am?!?". Son of a bitch. Now normally, I would have quickly apologized, hurried home and prepared myself to go in just a little late. But no, I made an arrangement that I don't work doubles on Saturdays anymore because I close the restaurant Friday and Saturday night often keeping me there past midnight. Scheduling misunderstanding but I declined going in. He knew I don't work Saturday mornings and I'll be damned if this one is taken from me. So here I sit, in bed, with my selected coffee and blogs. All these beautiful pages and voices keeping me company and hopeful that someday very soon I will have my mornings just like this one to write posts, just like this one...

Cherish your "you-time". I am just now coming to realize its importance.

1 comment:

  1. So does this mean that I will be room servicing coffee for your me time in Vegas?!
    I love you and am so glad that you appreciate the me-ness of time!

    ReplyDelete